There's this meme making its rounds on Facebook getting people to list 25 random (but hopefully interesting) facts about themselves and then tagging others to do the same.
A similar one went round blogs about a year ago. Click here to read my answers then.
25 Random Facts About Holly Jean
1. I'm impatient and impulsive. I like things done fast. I hate waiting.
2. One of my weaknesses is Geography... (physical geog, not human geog)... I don't know one country from the next. I don't remember capitals, even of those I've visited! About a decade ago, a friend was dating a Romanian dancer (not art/culture or ballet... she was a stripper... and they were coming here by the hoards from 3rd world countries). At the time, I genuinely thought Romanians were from Rome.
3. When I was in university,I travelled there and back by train... Pasir Ris to Clementi plus a bus in Pasir Ris and a bus in Clementi. Each way it took me 1,5hours. So that’s 3 hours of my day spent commuting. I leafy the house at 6am most days.
4. I am the middle child. I'm very close to my younger brother, as I took care of him growing up.
He's 4 years younger, but ever since he was like 9, he's been taller than me.
5. I was such a prim and proper kid. I always had to have my school uniform properly tucked in, and neatly pressed. My shoes were never scuffed or dirty. My hair was always pulled back in a ponytail with no fly aways. Now this was very uncool in a time when all the kids were trying to look grunge. But I was very happy the way I was so it never really mattered. 6. I LOVE HELLO KITTY 7. A few years ago, I flew with a couple of friends to Tioman on a private plane, a little Cessna (one of them was a pilot). It was the monsoon season, and we were stranded on the island for about 5 days. Now this was a nightmare, because I had only packed for a day trip! Imagine wearing the same thing 5 days straight!!!!! And it was nothing but 5 days of getting soaked in torrential rain!!
8. There was a period growing up ( think it was when I was 16 to 18 or so) when I thought that wearing ultra tiny crop tops were sexy. I did have nice abs but I must have looked like such a slut..
9. I was quite a pageant junkie growing up. Was in a Phantom model search, New Paper New Face, Miss Singapore Universe finalist. None of which I regret. Was a real eye-opener for me, and it has pushed me to be a more confident person.10. I absolutely love FAT food like lamb, duck, foie gras, creme brulee and pizza.
11. I've had a whole range of pets growing up, my house was always a zoo. One of my favourites was this chicken with a funky crest. Had him as a chick... but had to give him up when he grew too big. His name was Julio. In this picture, he's eating with his good friend Lucky ( baby parrot).12. I want to get a sandy/fawn coloured Holland Lop Bunny next. .
13. My hair's virgin to colour and dyes.
14. I have sensitive and dry skin. Very prone to dehydration. So if I don't drink enough water, or use a new skincare product, or have a couple of beers, I'll wake up the next day with peeling and red splotches on my face :(.
15. I have decided to get a C-section when I am pregnant. I cannot imagine having a loose vagina. I would also like to have twins, it's in my family line, but I wouldn't mind paying for medical intervention if it will give me a higher chance of having twins.
16. I cannot touch my own toes without bending my knees. The muscles at the back of my thighs and knees feel like snapping when I try to reach my toes. . 17. When I was a child, the TV was my educator. My formative years were spent watching endless episodes of Sesame Street. In time to come, I will get complete box sets of Sesame Street and have my babies watch them. My younger brother grew up with the TelleTubbies instead, oh ohhhhh
18. When I started primary school and outgrew Sesame street. While my friends were hanging out at the mall or McDonald's, I came straight home from school every day to watch really old English shows like "Allo Allo", Never The Twain, Faulty Towers and Mind Your Language. It is appalling that I was such an uncool kid. . 19. When i was a teacher for 3 years in a secondary school here, I also had to take on the role of St John's Officer. I absolutely hated it. So much bloody paper work, so many unpaid Saturdays spent doing first aid duty at boring bloody community events. Plus I get faint when I see blood. Not a good match but I had no choice really. St John's is a volunteer based organisation but the school volunteered me. Even though I raised my displeasure every year, I still ended up having that role. It's definitely not what I expected when I signed up to be an English teacher.
20. I was a really late bloomer. A real runt. Didn't get my first period till I was 15 plus. And then I suddenly shot up from being the shortest girl in class to one of the tallest..
21. I can paint cute Elmo on my nails using nail polish! Click to watch video how to. (you might want to skip this video if you're anal about the way i speak)
22. When I was in Bali, I got a Henna tattoo ( this was before I got my real one on my right shoulder). I developed a rash, vomiting and fever which didn't go away for a week. It was horrid! So sick. That's when I found out I'm allergic to Henna.23. My ugliest years were when I was 13 and 14. I had to wear ugly spectacles which were too big for my face. I hated this phase so much I have pretty much destroyed any photographic evidence of its existence. I thank God for contact lenses. .
24. When I was a teenager, I thought it was a great idea to just pick people's drinks off the table in clubs and drink from them. My girlfriend and I really thought it was funny when we'd make off with free jugs of bourbon coke and vodka cranberry. (What embarrassing behaviour!).
25. I like men with strong hard chests. A hairless or sparsely haired chest puts me off.