Just got a nice Christmas package from Mederma Singapore.
Candy canes, marshmallows, chocolate... all the sweet stuff for this season. :)
I have been using Mederma Stretch Marks Therapy on my belly for a couple of months now. Still no stretchmarks and a few more weeks to go!
Click to read that review. Super chuffed to receive a travel sized tube of this so I can pack this in my hospital bag to take with meAlso in the gift box is the Mederma Proactive Gel (this retails for $28.90 20g tube at all Guardian and Unity stores). I plan to use it after surgery (I need to have a Csection because of my Placenta Previa Grade 4).
This is supposed to soften, smoothen and replenish. It contains cepalin which is an anti-inflammatory that helps soften scar tissue, allantoin which promotes skin healing and reduces itching, and Aloe Vera which is moisturizing and soothing.
I'm supposed to use it twice a day (as soon as the wound closes) for 8 weeks. If yours is an old scar, it will take 3-6 months.
Here are some Scar reduction tips from Mederma :
1. Avoid extreme temperatures (like sauna) for 6 months to a year. New scars are sensitive and extreme heat or cold will affect the regeneration process of the skin.
2. Regular massage helps support the healing process of the skin. So don't just apply your gel, do rub/massage it in so it will help loosen up the scar tissue.
3. Sunlight does not fade scars, it is a myth. Use sun protection!
4. You can squirt some Mederma proactive gel to lukewarm water and bathe your scar for about 15 minutes. This is best for scars on hands, or elbows, where you can dip the affected area into a small bowl.
5. For larger scars, create a gel dressing. Soften scar tissue first using a warm and moist pad. Then apply the Proactive Gel in a moderately thick layer. Gently massage. And then cover the area with some thin kitchen foil. Put a dressing on top of this to keep it in place over night.
Good tips to know. I feel more prepared :)
You can try this out too if you have any scars you want to get rid off.