Today's Sunday Lemmings is on my recent Watsons Haul... I picked up my must have toiletries as well as some new stuff I want to try.
- Watsons house brand of cotton squares and cotton buds (yeah yeah boring.. but basic must haves for any vanity table!)
- the new range of Loreal Hair Expertise shampoo and conditioner. There's a pink range (for coloured hair) and a green range which I am going to try. This range is SULFATE FREE! Good sulfate free shampoos are super duper hard to find.
- B&L renu ∫I always use this one... I like that it has a clear bottle.
- Allergan Refresh contacts eyedrops. I have many many bottles of eyedrops... I think it's handy to have in my bag, on my desk, etc. Especially since I wear my lenses for looooong hours.
- Majolica Blusher. I saw their new range of blushers (cute macaroon range!) but the new colours were a bit too frosty for my liking. So I got their old one instead.
- Starlash eyelash glue. I have not used this before, but I like that the bottle is tiny (handy for carrying around in case of touch ups). Hope it's as good as my regular one I used to get from SaSa.
- Watsons pore strips. I don't go for facials... and I especially HATE the extracting which they do. I find the nose pore strips very effective in removing blackheads painlessly on my own. Tip: I use this on other parts of my face which seem black heady too. Just cut the strips down to size.
- Colgate toothpaste and mouthwash. Love Colgate! Been using it since I was a kid. I also find their mouthwash much less harsh than Listerine. :)
DHC Foundation Review
Watsons carries a brand called DHC. I tried their Olive essentials set before, and I was very impressed with the quality of it. So this time round, I tested their DHC Medicated Acne Care Foundation. (SG$32 for the refill /S$18.50 for the case)
The light green packaging is very simple and compact. No frills and clinical looking. But it does have an ultra reflective cover.
This foundation is great for skins which tend to get shiny during the day. It is very mattifying upon application. I think this will work wonders for you if you have oily skin.
As I have dry skin, I found this a little too drying on my skin as a foundation. It works best when I used my own liquid foundation first, then used this as a powder lightly on top to set my liquid foundation. And carried this sleek reflective green compact around for touch ups during the day.
If you like a soft powdery look after applying your foundation, then this is the one for you.
DHC products are a top selling mail order cosmetics company in Japan. But for us, we can get it at Watsons. :)
I picked up some extra stuff so you can try these products with me. Giveaway open to all my readers (as long as you have an address I can post it to). Closing date is Saturday 2nd April. I will announce the winners on Sunday (next Sunday is Sunday Lemmings- Mad About Rings )and I'll hold another giveaway then.No other special requirements for your comment (no need any elaboration etc). It's a giveaway..(not a contest) so I'll pick the winner of each product randomly...
Just sharing the love. Thank you for your support so far :)