But you know what? It doesn't matter. I am happy the way I am. And I am happy with what I do. And if I can inspire just one person out there, to be who they want to be, to take chances, to love with all their heart, to not hold back and to pick themselves up each and every time they fall ... then it's all worth it. I can put up with the hate. I can put up with the criticism. It doesn't matter.
For those who send me supportive emails, and share your stories with me, thank you. I appreciate that you care, and that you feel connected. But do not worry about me, or feel angered by negative comments from my haters. It is all part and parcel of this life, and I am cool with that (doesn't mean I have to agree with all negative comments, of course).
My Life and How I Live It:
1. I Do What I Love
I have always loved writing, especially about stuff close to my heart. Being a quiet and introverted child, writing was my outlet, a way to express myself.
I am finally doing what I love (not only do I write, but I have flexibility and creative control of what I do as well) but, obviously, the route to where I am today was quite a winding path.
Pursue your passion. I know that’s not always possible at all times, for many reasons – but don't let that reason be fear. At some point in your life you too will get some opportunity to change your life and do what you really want, and you should take that chance.
If you do what you love, you’ll never have to work a day in your life.
2. I Know I Cannot Change People
When I split with GB, many of my friends who had met and liked him (yes, he was a good guy), were shocked at the news. One of my friends exclaimed, "Again??!"
My best friend said that I shouldn't have split because maybe in a year, he might change his mind (about marriage and kids). I don't want to hang around someone who isn't right for me, hoping that he will perhaps, one day, change. To me that is setting myself up for a bigger disappointment years from now. No thanks.
In the past, I used to always make the mistake of trying to change people. Although, the right person can bring out the best in someone (I truly believe this)... people, in essence, are and will always be the way they are. Accept, embrace, love.. but know what you're getting into. If not? Just let it be, wish them well and move on.
3. I do not exist on this earth to please everybody
I admit, I find it hard to say no. And I often want to help everyone out in any way I can. But this is draining. Some friends are toxic, some other people just want to walk all over you. I think it's important that we all accept that we cannot please everyone. So go easy on yourself sometimes.
If someone wants something done their way, then tell them to tow their own line.
4. I still believe in Love
... and destiny. If it wasn't meant to be, then there's no point in forcing it. If you are meant to be together with someone, then the universe will conspire to bring you together.. it's not a matter of if, it's a matter of when.
Hugs for everyone out there...
(wish I were magnanimous enough to give my haters hugs too... but I'm not. So, sit there and scowl all you want... but know that this girl is Happy. My spirit may not be unbreakable, but you sure as hell didn't leave a dent on it. FYL. LOL)
OK now... Shopping Updates For you:
1. Oh Summer -10%Discount code: hollyjean
Key in during checkout if using creditcard or paypal
If ordering via email, just mention 'hollyjean'
Promo period 18 feb - 31 mar
2. MillyWalker is having a Tag & Win Contest. 5 rings to be won, no purchase necessary.
Check their site for more details.
While you're there, check out their Post CNY sales - 50%-70% discount.
3. LuxeCiel's Collection 9 launched today :) . Love the tri coloured toga dresses, and off sholder sweater tops. Modelled by meeeeeee.
4. NoireBelle - This month only, Buy any 3 items and get 5% off each item. I saw some gems in their self-manufactured collections!
5. SundayNine - 5% off all previous Wardrobes + Free Hair Tie when you purchase any items from Wardrobe #14: Sweet Treats . Must see their Shredded Front Top! Modelled by my friend Joanne! Nice!
6. VanillaLollies - By popular demand, backorder for 2 Way Pastel Tube Dress/ Skirt in Violet. My readers get a $1 discount for this item, just quote " Holly Jean" to enjoy this offer.
7. Angel'sLoft - Join their FB page, and get 15% off Collection 1. And by being their FB fan, you will receive $2 off the next collection.
8. TheGoldDust - Is back open for business after the CNY break. Make your brazilian wax appointments now. ( Brazilian wax for men now available too)